Wednesday, August 18, 2010

2 Months


I cannot believe Kylee is already two months old!  She is the cutest two month old baby girl I have ever seen.  (I have to say "girl" because my nephew, Aiden, is also pretty dang cute. So we will say he is the cutest baby "boy" and call it even).  Let's see.  Here is a small list of things she is starting to do.

* Loves to lay on her back and kick, kick, kick!
* She loves the water and bath time
* She is starting to get over the swing. Which last week she loved! Mommy & Daddy also love the swing so hopefully this is a phase until she is too heavy for it. Pretty please!!
* She is learning her own voice. The sounds she squeals these days is hilarious.
* She is a eatin' machine! Mommy can't keep up :)
* Going on a walk and being outdoors is her favorite part of the day. I wish it wasn't so stinkin' hot and I would keep her outside a lot more.
* She wants to be held all of the time! The baby carrier is ordered and in the mail. I'm hoping it gets here today.

Yesterday was my first day back to work.  I guess I can't use the term "back to work" because I'm only going back for nine days and then I'm taking off until October 25th to be with Kylee. I decided I need to start the school year with my students so I don't walk into a disaster at the end of the first quarter.  Joe is playing stay at home daddy with Kylee this week and then Grandma Betty Francies is coming down next week to watch her.  The third week we are taking a family vacation in Hilton Head Island with all of Joe's family.  By then I'm sure Betty will need a vacation :) I cannot tell you how excited I am about that trip! Especially to meet our new nephew, Aiden "Q Man", and to see all of Joe's sisters. Aiden is two and half weeks older than Kylee so I'm sure there will be some cute baby talk and lots of pictures!

So, back to the work thing. Even though I know I'm only working for nine days, it sure doesn't make it any easier to leave her.  As soon as the clock hit 3:30 I went running out those school doors. I honestly cannot remember when I have EVER done that.  I came running out with bag of work to do, but I'm not sure that is any different because when school starts I feel like all I do is work! As soon as I go home I grabbed my cute baby and I don't think I put her down the rest of the night. Ahhhhhh! She is so sweet. So, Joe has been stay at home daddy for two days and this morning he tells me when I get home I get to relieve him of baby duty so he can have some "alone time." I couldn't stop laughing! Two days! Seriously? And he already needs alone time? He has NO CLUE! :) Maybe this is a good thing.  Now he knows how much work it is.

Kylee is coming to school today so I will post pictures later.  We're starting her on those ABC's early!
In the meantime, here are a few more recent pics.